Welcome to Healthjump's step by step guide on the jumpStart installation process for on-premise Electronic Health Records (EHR) and Practice Management (PM). We estimate this installation should take between 5-15 minutes.
To make sure this is a smooth and successful install the IT specialist should ensure the following:
- Have access to the database server of the EHR, or have access to another server within the subdomain of the EHR's database server. The server will need to have web access to successfully run the installer.
- The specialist should have administration rights to the target server.
- Credentials to the EHR / PM database.
Once all the information has been gathered we are ready to perform the install!
Phase 1: Web Form
- Open the custom start.healthjump.com URL provided by Healthjump on the server that will be hosting the jumpStart agent.
- In the web form enter the Practice name, EHR, contact name, and e-mail address.
*Note: The contact should be the person or team of people who will have the ability to restart the jumpStart Agent in the event the agent becomes unresponsive and Healthjump is unable to restart it remotely.
- Proceed to the next screen and enter the connection details. In some instances this page will be pre-populated for you already. If it is not, the only information that needs to be entered on this page is the server name, the port number or IP Address, and the database name.
*Note: The database name should include the EHR that the vendor typically uses. If your database name is different we can easily overwrite this later.
- Continue to the next page, enter the the username and password credentials for the database. Depending on the database, either direct database credentials or Windows authentication will have to be entered.
**Note: Those with Windows authentication for DB access will have to complete an extra step once installation is complete.
- In the final part of the web form, Healthjump will generate a secret connection key unique to you. This key is needed for Healthjump to ensure secure communication with the EHR database. The key should be stored someplace safe as it will be needed for the next part of the install. Once the key has been stored you can proceed with the agent download.
Phase 2: Installation
- Once the agent is downloaded it can be unzipped. In the folder of the unzipped installer the IT specialist should right click on the setup executable file (setup.exe) and select "run as administrator". The installer should initiate and the jumpStart application should be downloaded in the "Program Files (x86)" folder.
- Double click on the cogwheel icon when installation server's desktop finishes. Double clicking on the icon should bring up an interface where you can enter the secret key from the final page of the web form. If the key entered is correct and you have the proper permissions to the program folder, your server will be able to communicate back to the Healthjump servers and the agent app will open.
- All of the information entered in the previous web should be pre-populated for you. If everything looks good you can press the "test connection" button. If all is good the connection will be successful.
*Note: If the connection fails there are a couple of common issues you can change to fix this.
- Wrong IP Address/Server Name- This can often times be solved by replacing the server name with the IP Address or vice versa.
- Wrong Database Credentials- Credentials should be tested prior to install to ensure connectivity to the specified database.
If the failed connection error persists despite these changes, please contact a Healthjump support technician for further assistance. Once you have a successful connection you have officially completed the install phase and are to move to the final phase, starting the jumpStart agent.
Phase 3: JumpAgent Services
To start the jumpAgent service open services (services.msc) then scroll down until you find jumpAgent. Along with jumpAgent you should see two other services, jumpAgent2 and jumpAgentRestart. JumpAgent2 is disabled by default as it is only used for troubleshooting or connecting to another database on the same server. JumpAgentRestart should already be running and is used by Healthjump to restart and upgrade the service if needed. JumpAgent.exe should be started.
**Note: As previously mentioned if you chose to utilize windows authentication for the database credentials during the web form process, you will need to update the service credentials to use those same credentials provided for access to the database. In the services window right click on the JumpAgent service, , then open the properties. Under the 'Log On' tab select 'This account', browse for the windows user entered in the JumpAgent, then enter the password and apply.
When this is complete the service can be started. If the customer is planning on utilizing the jumpConnect data platform, the digital health vendor or Healthjump installation technician need to collect a time that agent scripts can be executed each evening. This completes the jumpStart installation process. The Healthjump family is excited to have you join our network and is looking forward to continued endeavors with you. Welcome to Healthjump!