Before Healthjump can perform any operations using the API, your system administrator must configure your Kareo security settings to give Healthjump the proper permission to use the Kareo Web Services API.
Granting the required security permissions and allowing Healthjump to access your data thorough the API can be accomplished through the following steps.
1. Login to Kareo Billing.
2. Under Settings open User Accounts.
3. Click on the user you want to grant API Access for. (Note: You may elect to create a new user account specifically for Healthjump.)
4. In the permissions configuration, select EHR's and API then click the Full Control.
5. Clicking save will save these settings for this user account.
6. Navigating back to Kareo Billing, select Help then Get Customer Key.
7. In the webform that pops up, click Create my customer key. The customer key will generate and display next to Your Key.
Once this is complete please be sure to supply Healthjump with:
- Client Version
- Kareo ID (KID)
- Customer Key
- Username of user with API access
- Password of user with API access