Welcome to Healthjump's step-by-step guide on how to install the connection Agent for on-premise Electronic Health Records (EHR) and Practice Management (PM) systems. On average, when all of the required information and access rights are provided, installation should take from 5 to 15 minutes.
The connection agent installation is a two-part process consisting of :
- A Web-based connection and information gathering process.
- A Windows-Server Agent application installation.
Note: Prior to the installation of the agent, a connection license will be required to initiate the web installation process. For more details, see Creating a connection License.
Before getting on the call with the practice, it is important to understand the agent and connection requirements. The practice administrator or technical liaison should have the following :
- Access to the database server of the EHR / PM system, or
- Access to a server within the same subdomain of the EHR / PM database server.
- Web access to successfully run the installer and connect to the Healthjump API servers.
- Installation rights to the target server.
- Minimal of read-only credentials to the EHR / PM database.
If all of this information has been provided and you have the generated connection license, you are ready for the connection setup. Let's get connected!
Phase 1 - Installation URL
The branded installation site is designed to be run from the host server, or server with access to the database.
- Open a browser and load the provided URL https://activate.healthjump.com/wizard .
- Note: During the connection license request process, a URL will be provided with the license already embedded within the URL). If you are not using that URL, enter the generated connection license and hit submit.
- Validate the practice and EMR that was entered during the license ordering process:
- Enter the EHR DB IP Address / Port.
- Note: Healthjump will prepopulate the port based on the selected EHR. This can be modified if needed.
How to find my DB Server IP Address:
- Select the DB authentication type.
- Note: Healthjump can utilize both DB credentials or windows credentials to connect to the database.
- Enter the EHR / PM system database name.
- Note: for some systems, we will enter the commonly used DB name. This can be changed.
How to find my SQL database Name:
- Enter the DB or Windows Crentials.
- Validate whats been entered and hit confirm.
Once confirmed, a few things will happen:
- The connection secret key is generated
- The agent is downloaded (jumpagent.exe)
With the secret key and installer, you are now ready to install the agent on the host server.
Phase 2 - jumpstart.exe Setup
- Once the agent is downloaded, it can be unzipped.
- From the unzipped folder source, In the folder of the unzipped installer the IT specialist should, right click on the setup executable file (setup.exe) and select "run as administrator".
- An icon (Green Cog) on the desktop should now be present. Double Clicking on this file will prompt the user to enter the secret key generated at the end of Phase 1.
- Note: If you having issues executing the app from the desktop icon, you can also obtain the shortcut link and execute the file from the "Program Files (x86)" folder.
- After hitting save, the agent GUI will open up with the connection data provided during Phase 1. Once again, you will want to validate the information being displayed. When ready, hit the Test Connection button.
- If the information provide was correct, you will see a "Connection Successfully Established" message.
- Note: If the connection fails there are a couple of common issues you can change to fix this.
- Wrong IP Address/Server Name - This can often times be solved by replacing the server name with the IP Address or vice versa.
- Wrong Database Credentials - Credentials should be tested prior to install to ensure connectivity to the specified database.
- If the failed connection error persists despite these changes, please contact a Healthjump support technician at support.healthjump.com.
- Once you have a successful connection you have officially completed the install phase and are to move to the final phase, starting the jumpStart agent.
- Open services (services.msc) and find jumpAgent.
- Note: Along with jumpAgent you should see two other services, jumpAgent2 and jumpAgentRestart. JumpAgent2 is disabled by default as it is only used for troubleshooting or connecting to another database on the same server.
- Note: JumpAgentRestart should already be running and is used by Healthjump to restart and upgrade the service remotely.
- JumpAgent.exe should be started.
- If you are utilizing windows authentication for the database credentials, you will need to update the service credentials to use those same credentials provided for access to the database.
- If the agent service is running, stop it.
- Right-click on the JumpAgent service and open the properties.
- Under the 'Log On' tab select 'This account',
- Browse for and select the Windows user entered in the GUI
- Enter the password and apply.
- restart the service.
- Retest the connection in the GUI to validate the agent can authenticate
Once the connection has successfully connected, the installation process is complete. The Healthjump process will begin the extraction process the same evening of the receipt of a successful connection Heartbeat.